The Department has international and local public-private Collaborative Training Agreements (CTA) in its programmes. These include:
- RAD-AID and UoN have partnered to advance radiology education in Kenya through enhancing existing programmes and development of fellowship programmes. Through RAD-AID the Department has acquired exceptional adjunct faculty in interventional radiology and breast imaging from leading Universities in the US.
- The Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Queen’s University, Canada and UoN have partnered to create a Global Health Programme through the establishment of a permanent international linkage with two main focus areas; education and mentorship. Through this linkage the Department regularly participates in virtual monthly Radiology Grand rounds, quarterly Emergency radiology rounds, bi-annually artificial intelligence lecture series and the Queen’s annual radiology imaging symposium.
- GACCF through TAKEDA have partnered with University of Nairobi’s Department of Diagnostic Imaging and Radiation Medicine, and is leveraging existing partnerships with Mayo Clinic, University of Pennsylvania, Harvard Medical School and leading teaching hospitals in Africa, to establish a dynamic, sustainable educational program promoting best radiotherapy practice with novel virtual reality educational resources.
The Department also has clinical rotation arrangements with the following leading radiology and radiation oncology centres where the residents, students and fellows rotate regularly thereby enhancing their experiential training with key industry players.
- NAIROBI HOSPITAL
- NAIROBI COUNTY HOSPITALS: MBAGATHI, MAMA LUCY KIBAKI
- HCG CCK CANCER CENTRE
- PLAZA IMAGING SOLUTIONS
- VITAL RAY HEALTH SOLUTIONS
- TEXAS CANCER CENTRE
- KIKUYU PCEA HOSPITAL
- GETRUDES CHILDREN HOSPITAL
- AGA KHAN UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL
In the addition the Department has a collaborative research agreement as follows:
- MAYO CLINIC: MAYO and UoN have partnered to collaborate on COVID 19 Cancer research project.