Paediatric (or pediatric) radiology is a subspecialty of diagnostic radiology focused on children, from infants through to adolescents and young adults. Adolescents and young adults are referred to paediatric radiologists because their developing bodies are more susceptible to the adverse effects of radiation than are adults of equivalent size. Training emphasises on the need to understand which tests are most appropriate for the child, to make sure the testing is safe and carried out properly, and to accurately interprete the imaging studies and diagnose the spectrum conditions unique to this group of patients.
Current research projects:
- Muyira Joshua (2021). The Accuracy of Lung Ultrasonography when compared to Chest Radiography in the Diagnosis of Pneumonia in Children under 12 years at Kenyatta National Hospital.
- Wambutta Lynette Atieno (2020). Spectrum of Sonographic findings in Neonates with Congenital anomalies suspected to have Spinal Dysraphism in the New Born Unit ant Kenyatta National Hospital.
- Bosire Lewis (2019). Clinical Neonatal hypoxic ischaemic injury: Bedside cranial ultrasound spectrum of findings in neonates admitted to the Newborn Unit at KNH.
- Onyango Alice Adhiambo (2019). The spectrum of paediatric abdominal masses: correlation of imaging findings and histology.
- Sempele, Y.C. (2016). Correlation between clinical and radiological findings in Pediatric adenoid hypertrophy at the Kenyatta National Hospital.
- Juma, T.N. (2016). The utility of transperineal ultrasound in anorectal malformation: A cross-sectional analytical study at the Kenyatta National Hospital.
- Rodrigues, M.J. (2015).The prevalence of abnormal chest radiograph findings among HIV infected and exposed children.
- Macharia, M.M. (2012). Pattern of chest radiographic findings in pulmonology of under 5 year olds in KNH.
- Odeny, C.A. (2011). Role of CT scan in diagnosis of intracranial pathology in children aged 5 years and below.
- Gachuiri, T.T. (2011). Chest radiograph patterns in neonates with respiratory distress at Kenyatta National Hospital.
- Andambi, D.A. (2011). The role of contrast enema in the diagnosis and evaluation of large bowel pathologies in children.
- Salim, I.S. (2010). The role of abdominal ultrasound imaging in evaluating the vomiting child.
- Mwango, G.N. (1999). The value of paediatric upper gastro-intestinal contrast studies.
- Othieno, P.A. (1997). Comparison of the findings of excretion urography with ultrasonography in children.
- Gitau, J.N. (1995). The Role of Micturation cystourethrography in the diagnosis of urinary tract disease in children at Kenyatta National Hospital.
- Odhiambo, A. (1993). The Pattern of intracranial lesions detected by cranial sonography in infants at the KNH, Kenya.
- Shah, M.K. (1992). The radiological manifestation of paediatric leukaemias at KNH.
- Aywak, A.A. (1992). Prospective study of radiological manifestations of Burkitt’s Lymphoma as seen at KNH.